The School Travel Plan
Harlyn Primary School participates in the Hillingdon Schools Travel Plan. Initiatives are delivered to encourage pupils and staff to travel with sustainability and ecology in mind. Some of the things we do include:
- Appointing Junior Road Safety Officers (JRSOs) in Year 5 to promote road safety throughout the school and collect data for the Travel Survey.
- Bikeability for Year 6.
- Practical Pedestrian Training for children in Years 1, 3 and 5.
- Using public transport (where possible) for school trips.
- Drama workshops and competitions to promote road safety.
- ‘Moving On’ presentations by the Hillingdon Road Safety Team about secondary transfer for Year 6 children.
- Taking part in the National Road Safety Week (November) and the Walk to School Week (May).
- Attending the annual JRSO event in the Spring Term.
Further details can be found by following this link: