The School Travel and Road Safety
Harlyn Primary School participates in the Hillingdon Schools Travel and Road Safety initiative. This is designed to encourage pupils, parents and staff to travel with sustainability and ecology in mind. Some of the things we do include:
- Appointing Junior Travel Ambassadors (JTA) to promote road safety throughout the school.
- Bikeability for Year 6.
- Practical Pedestrian Training for children in Years 1, 3 and 5.
- Using public transport (where possible) for school trips.
- Drama workshops and competitions to promote road safety.
- ‘Moving On’ presentations by the Hillingdon Road Safety Team about secondary transfer for Year 6 children.
- Taking part in the National Road Safety Week.